Chile Tips and Facts we learned along the way
- Many of the places we stayed in did not have toilet paper, towels and even sheets. Apparently, when Chileans travel they bring all their own stuff.
- “Wild Pack of Family Dogs.” There were homeless dogs roaming everywhere. They were not aggressive, but did follow you if given a handout. The only time we saw some dogs get aggressive is when they fought each other over territory.
- “Chilean Snake” what we dubbed the Chileans who cut you off in traffic, lines at the airports, walking, etc
- Siesta- the nap Americans will never get. Most stores are closed from 1-3pm and closed all day Saturday
- Huge horse flies- don’t wear black or bright colors. White is the best color to wear